Friday, November 8

Leveling up.

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم



In games, to level up, players must gain specific amount of experience. With enough amount of experience, they can unlock new abilities/skills/powers.

While I was pondering, searching ideas for my personal statement and college essays, I realized it is pivotal to learn from experiences. I meant to really remember the details of the experience and how it gives impacts on your live.

Because of that, I'm thinking of writing a 'travelog' or some sort of my personal journal someday. Maybe when I further my study in the United States.

From my own perspective and definition. Journal is different from diary. Diary is just some sort of recorded daily activities and events, while journal has insights and no additional unnecessary petty details that will deteriorate the quality of the journal and turns it into a diary.

That's why in the Quran, Allah does not give any insignificant details. The pertinent thing is that we truly learn from the Quran. We learn from the insights in the Quran.

"This (the Quran) is a clear lesson for mankind, a guidance and instruction to those who guard (against evil)."  [Ali Imran, 3: 138]

From all those experiences and insights, we can level up ourselves and we can actually unlock new values, skills and such. Also unleash our real potentials.

"The key to success is the ability to extract the lessons out of each of these experiences and to move on with that new knowledge" -Tina Seelig in What I Wish I Knew When I was 20









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may you travelog plan goes well. insyaAllah

Isyraf Imrani said...

InsyaAllah, pray for me